Devonvale Hall Company Limited


Work was started in 1938  building Devonvale Hall by Samuel Jones (Devonvale) Ltd., The opening ceremony took place on 11th May 1940 and the first concert was by Orlando and his Orchestra. The hall was later gifted to  the employees.

 Samuel Jones'   "Devonvale" factory was one of the most prominent manufacturing premises in the area.

The firm coated papers for use in sweet wrappers, duplicating and much more.
 
They also gummed papers which they marketed under their Butterfly Brand trade mark.

The butterfly in question was the now long departed Camberwell Beauty which once thrived in the area. The butterfly can still be seen today above the entrance to the hall.

                                                     

Devonvale Hall was closed by the council in budget cuts, however the day was saved when Devonvale Hall Company Ltd. took over the hall. A group of dedicated volunteers  now run the hall. In the past few years we have put a lot of money back into the hall with decorating the hall from top to bottom, new woodwork at the outside entrance as well as ongoing maintenance to keep the hall in great condition.

 

 

 

DEVONVALE HALL TILLICOULTRY.
Devonvale Hall Company Limited No. SC 286332
 Scottish Charity No. SC 036837


 







email devonvalehall@gmail.com

© Devonvale Hall Company Limited all rights reserved
Community Web Kit provided free by BT